We're always searching for that one perfect sandal - the one that goes with everything, the one that is effortlessly comfy and easy to throw on, the one that just so happens to match everything we own. We couldn't find one, so we made it ourselves! The Monroe Sandal is made from soft, upcycled deadstock leather right in Los Angeles! She's crafted by hand, with the greatest attention to detail and with longevity in mind. She features three rolled leather straps and a soft, plush footbed. Go ahead, wear The Monroe Sandal everywhere. That's why we made her!
- Classic strappy slip-on sandal
- Straps and sole made from dyed and super soft black upcycled deadstock leather and suede
- Three rolled straps
- Color variations may occur and look different from the photos!
- Available in whole sizes only, we recommend sizing up!
- Handmade in Los Angeles - Take a closer look to see how The Monroe Sandal was created!
- Elaina is 5'9 and wearing the size 9, styled with The Dawn Dress
- Katy and Blaine are 5'9 and they're both wearing the size 9, styled with The Delphine Dress
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.