Real Fun, Wow! is the creation of Daren Thomas Magee, an Ojai, California-based artist with whom Christy Dawn has previously had the privilege of collaborating with. Today, we share the beautiful result of our latest partnership - the Sonny Sweater x Real Fun, Wow! Woven from organic cotton and panel knit using a low-waste knitting process, the Sonny Sweater x Real Fun, Wow! is lightweight and breathable - the perfect piece for the slight chill that comes at the end of long Summer days. The design reflects the knowing intuition of Mother Earth with a simple message of truth and empowerment - it’s all in your hands.
The Sonny x Real Fun, Wow! Sweater was made by our talented artisan partners, Oshadi Collective, in Erode, India. Learn more about Oshadi Collective here!
- Long-sleeved vintage-inspired loungewear sweater
- Light to medium weight 3-ply fabric, organic cotton - soft and cozy on your skin!
- Washed black colored yarn using organic dyes
- Panel knit using an ultra low-waste knitting process
- Original hand graphic on the front of the sweater designed by artist Daren Magee of Real Fun, Wow!
- Black and white illustration silk-screen printed using water-based dyes - locally printed in Los Angeles!
- Easy, relaxed fit
- Bra friendly
- Cold machine wash or hand wash, air dry recommended
- Ally is 5'8 and wearing the small
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.