The Sustainable Mask is non-medical grade, made with 3-ply cotton and features tie straps. Each order is for 1 total mask. It is reusable and washable. For best practices, hand wash before first use and after each subsequent use, and lay flat to dry. Refrain from touching the mask or your face once you have it on!
The Magenta Blooming Vine fabric was rotary printed in Erode, India. The Sustainable Mask was made by Elvy, one of our talented dressmakers.
This item is final sale - ineligible for store credit, refund or exchange
- 1 pleated mask with tie straps
- Reusable non-medical grade adult mask made with 3-ply cotton - not intended for clinical use
- Lightweight fabric, 100% organic cotton
- Brown background with a yellow, pink and green floral pattern rotary printed using organically certified dyes - please note, this fabric varies under different lighting. The colors have a mauve undertone up close and appear brown from afar.
- Does not include a pocket or wire bridge
- Hand wash, lay flat to dry recommended - wash before the first use!
- The adult mask measures about 6.5" - 7" - not including the ties
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.