Sun Keep, the vintage-inspired artwork of Catie St. Jacques, evokes a feeling of Sun-drenched days, salt air and endless golden hour laughter. We used our beloved Sonny Sweater as the canvas for Catie’s potent designs to share a boldly simplistic message of peace through the language of love. Woven from organic cotton and panel knit using a low-waste knitting process, the Sonny x Sun Keep Sweater is lightweight and breathable - perfect for cozy nights at home and night walks through the brisk evening air.
The Sonny x Sun Keep Sweater was made by our talented artisan partners, Oshadi Collective, in Erode, India. Learn more about Oshadi Collective here!
- Long-sleeved vintage-inspired loungewear sweater
- Light to medium weight 3-ply fabric, organic cotton - soft and cozy on your skin!
- Washed green colored yarn using organic dyes
- Panel knit using an ultra low-waste knitting process
- Original Peace graphic on the front of the sweater designed by artist Catie St. Jacques of Sun Keep
- Multi-colored illustration silk-screen printed using water-based dyes - locally printed in Los Angeles!
- Easy, relaxed fit
- Bra friendly
- Cold machine wash or hand wash, air dry recommended
- Ally is 5'8 and wearing the small
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.