Soft, elegant and warm, The Sasha Sweater is the cardigan of our dreams. Comprised of 70% lambswool and 30% Nylon, The Sasha is panel knit and colored using organic certified dyes (better for Mother Earth and better for you!). With her long, sweeping silhouette, pockets and optional waist tie, The Sasha is sure to become your most lived-in piece.
The Sasha Sweater was made by our talented artisan partners, Oshadi Collective, in Erode, India. Learn more about Oshadi Collective here!
- Long-sleeved vintage-inspired midi cardigan
- Light to medium weight deadstock yarn from India, 70% lambswool and 30% nylon
- Light grey colored yarn using organic dyes
- Panel knit using an ultra low-waste knitting process
- Balloon sleeves and long ribbed cuffs
- Ribbed collar and hem detail
- Detachable waist tie
- Patch pockets
- Eco dry cleaning recommended
- Available in one size only - one size fits most, please refer to the size chart to confirm measurements
- Mecca is 5'9 and wearing the XS/S, styled with The Brooklyn Dress and The Dawn Boot
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.