The Katie Dress features a mid-length skirt, button-up front, and a front slit. We love the peek of skin at the bodice and the gathered fabric at the waist. The buttons up the side are what really make The Katie Dress shine - there's nothing else like her in our closet!
The Katie Dress was made by Keyris, one of our talented dressmakers.
- This item is final sale - ineligible for store credit, refund or exchange
- Sleeveless midi dress
- Light to medium weight blue and white striped deadstock fabric, feels like cotton
- Split bodice with two-button closure
- Open back slit
- Full-length left side button closure and front slit on the skirt
- Runs narrow in the chest, we recommend sizing up if you are in-between sizes!
- Eco dry cleaning recommended
- Sandra is 5'6 and Ally is 5'8 and they're both wearing the small
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.