Our play on a classic peasant blouse, The Josephine features balloon sleeves and an adjustable drawstring waist. The Rouleau button loops and peplum detailing add a delicate charm that goes equally well with your favorite denim and skirts.
The Magenta Blooming Vine fabric was rotary printed in Erode, India. The Josephine Blouse was made by Elmer, one of our talented dressmakers.
- Long-sleeved classic peasant blouse
- Lightweight fabric, 100% organic cotton
- Brown background with a yellow, pink and green floral pattern rotary printed using organically certified dyes - please note, this fabric varies under different lighting. The colors have a mauve undertone up close and appear brown from afar.
- Balloon sleeves and elastic wrists
- Flat collar band and gathered neckline
- Front rouleau loop button-up closure
- Adjustable drawstring waist
- Bra friendly
Cold machine wash or hand wash, air dry recommended - cotton fabric gets softer after each wash!
- Lisa is 5'5 and wearing the small
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.