Borrowing the full, tiered skirt from our classic Basil, The Brooklyn Dress features delicate poet sleeves with elastic and ruffles. Her fully ruched bodice conforms to your natural curves, and her V-neck and ankle-length hem create the perfect vintage silhouette. The Brooklyn Dress was made by Teresita, one of our talented dressmakers.
The Crimson Daisy Field fabric was block printed by hand using pigments from plants in Erode, India. The printers used madder roots, indigo leaves, beeswax, and more to create the floral design. This fabric is good for your skin and good for Mother Earth!
- Short-sleeved Bohemian maxi dress
- Lightweight fabric, organic cotton
- Floral pattern designed by Designer and Art Director, Jennica Atkinson
- Red, blue and tan multi-colored floral pattern block printed by hand using natural, plant-based dyes - please note, due to the nature of hand blocking, pattern variations may occur and look different from the photos! This floral daisy fabric was dyed over the series of a couple of months. Natural dyes adhere to fabric using sunlight, and the fabric color is just as much a result of the vegetable dyes used and the seasons it was printed in.
- Puffed elastic sleeves with a ruffled trim
- Intricate chest and back smocking - we recommend ordering your usual dress size!
- Tiered skirt
- Unlined and slightly sheer
- Bra friendly
- Hand wash cold, air dry in the shade recommended - after washing do not wring dress and be mindful that the color may transfer during the first few wears!
- Mecca is 5'9 and wearing the small
Mother Earth is a powerful teacher. We look to her for guidance, celebrating her beauty and resilience throughout our entire process. From the start, we've aimed to tread lightly, to produce sustainably, and to Honor Mother Earth with every decision we make. We use both leftover fabric (called “deadstock”) and new, organic cotton to create each of our designs. We have production centers in Los Angeles and India, where we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam they sew. Speed is the last thing on their minds; we ask them to take a deep breath, slow down and create something they are proud of.