Intricate smocking on the chest and back panels make The Basil Dress a timeless addition to your closet. Inspired by a vintage frock, she is both effortless and eye-catching. The Basil Dress boasts a full, tiered skirt and bell sleeves.
The Basil Dress was made by Simeon, one of our talented dressmakers.
- Long-sleeved Bohemian maxi dress
- Lightweight sky blue and soft striped deadstock fabric, feels like cotton
- Intricate chest and back smocking
- Bell sleeves
- Full length tiered skirt
- Unlined and sheer, we recommend pairing with one of our Flora Slips for additional coverage
- Bra friendly
- Eco dry cleaning recommended
- Elaina is 5'9 and wearing the XS/S
Mother Earth is a powerful teacher. We look to her for guidance, celebrating her beauty and resilience throughout our entire process. From the start, we've aimed to tread lightly, to produce sustainably, and to Honor Mother Earth with every decision we make. We use both leftover fabric (called “deadstock”) and new, organic cotton to create each of our designs. We have production centers in Los Angeles and India, where we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam they sew. Speed is the last thing on their minds; we ask them to take a deep breath, slow down and create something they are proud of.