The Violet Dress was made for movement. Her ruffled tiers and neckline, trim inserts and shirred elastic bodice add sweetness and femininity to this simple yet elegant silhouette.
The Violet Dress was made by our talented artisan partners, Oshadi Collective, in Erode, India. Learn more about Oshadi Collective here!
- Farm-to-Closet - We're so excited to share these pieces with you and are grateful for your order! Due to the excitement about the launch of Farm-to-Closet, orders from this collection may take the entire 3 - 6 business day window for fulfillment and delivery.
- Sleeveless midi dress
- Lightweight fabric, 100% regenerative cotton
- Cream, multi-colored pink and yellow-tan yarn in a plaid pattern using organically certified dyes
- Adjustable spaghetti straps
- Scooped neckline with a ruffled hem
- Intricate chest and back smocking - we recommend ordering your usual dress size!
Tiered skirt with an ivory organic cotton lace-ruffled hem
- Unlined and slightly sheer
- Strapless bra friendly
- Cold machine wash or hand wash, air dry recommended
- Eleonore is 5'8 and wearing the small
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.