The Mara Trouser’s high waist and pleats are reminiscent of a classic ‘70s silhouette. Her wide legs offer beautiful movement in the repurposed fabric we’ve sourced. Tuck in a white T-shirt and pair her with flats for an afternoon out.
- Vintage-inspired pleated trouser
- Light to medium weight beige deadstock fabric, feels like a linen flax blend
- Front zipper with button closure
- Side and back pockets pockets
- High rise - runs narrow in the waist, we recommend sizing up if you're in-between sizes!
- Eco dry cleaning recommended
- Ally is 5'8 and wearing the XS, styled with The Faye Top and The Dawn Sandal
When we started Christy Dawn, we just wanted to make beauty. We used deadstock because it was better for the Earth (and most affordable). As we grew, we realized: sustainability is not enough. We can't just sustain. Now it's time to heal.
In collaboration with the farmers and artisans of Oshadi Collective, we started by healing the soil through a regenerative cotton farm in Erode, India. Every aspect of this process is in a direct reciprocal relationship with the human beings who steward the land, the plants that feed from the soil and Mother Earth herself.
Utilizing upcycled deadstock (leftover fabrics from larger fashion houses that would otherwise end up in a landfill) is where we began and organic cotton is how we support the collective as we grow our regenerative farm acreage. Our goal is to eventually produce all of our fabrics through ancient wisdom and regenerative practices.
We have our own factory in Los Angeles. In India, we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed, replete with cut and sew facilities. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam we sew. Speed is the last thing on our minds; we prefer to slow down and breathe into each piece we are crafting.