The Selma Dress is the modest, balloon-sleeved piece of our dreams! We love her adjustable waist and feminine collar, the perfect complement to her ankle-length silhouette. She pairs perfectly with our Dawn Boots and can transition from day to night with the addition of a simple long coat, like our own Vera Coat. The Selma Dress was made by Ana, one of our talented dressmakers.
The Thulian Ditsy fabric was block printed by hand using pigments from plants in Erode, India. The printers used indigo leaves, madder root, myrobalan from the Terminalia Chebula tree and more to create the floral design. This fabric is good for your skin and good for Mother Earth!
- Long-sleeved prairie maxi dress
- Lightweight red deadstock fabric, cotton
- Floral pattern designed by Designer and Art Director, Jennica Atkinson
- Cream and blue ditsy floral pattern block printed by hand using natural, plant-based dyes - please note, due to the nature of hand blocking, pattern variations may occur and look different from the photos!
- Poet sleeves with elastic cuff
- Peter Pan collar with ruffled trim
- Front button-up closure
- Adjustable drawstring waist
- Bra friendly
- Hand wash cold, air dry in the shade recommended - after washing do not wring dress and be mindful that the color may transfer during the first few wear
- Tova is 5'9 and wearing the small
Mother Earth is a powerful teacher. We look to her for guidance, celebrating her beauty and resilience throughout our entire process. From the start, we've aimed to tread lightly, to produce sustainably, and to Honor Mother Earth with every decision we make. We use both leftover fabric (called “deadstock”) and new, organic cotton to create each of our designs. We have production centers in Los Angeles and India, where we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam they sew. Speed is the last thing on their minds; we ask them to take a deep breath, slow down and create something they are proud of.