Borrowing the full, tiered skirt from our classic Basil, The Brooklyn Dress features delicate poet sleeves with elastic and ruffles. Her fully ruched bodice conforms to your natural curves, and her V-neck and ankle-length hem create the perfect vintage silhouette.
The Lapis Daisy Vine fabric was block printed by hand using pigments from plants in Erode, India. The printers used indigo leaves, madder root, soapnut flowers and more to create the floral design. This fabric is good for your skin and good for Mother Earth! The Brooklyn Dress was made by Elvy, one of our talented dressmakers.
- Short-sleeved Bohemian maxi dress
- Lightweight fabric, organic cotton
- Blue, red and white floral pattern block printed by hand using natural, plant-based dyes - please note, due to the nature of hand blocking, pattern variations may occur and look different from the photos!
- Puffed elastic sleeves with a ruffled trim
- Intricate chest and back smocking - we recommend ordering your usual dress size!
- Tiered skirt
- Bra friendly
- Hand wash cold, air dry in the shade recommended - after washing do not wring dress and be mindful that the color may transfer during the first few wear
- Ally is 5'8 and wearing the small
Mother Earth is a powerful teacher. We look to her for guidance, celebrating her beauty and resilience throughout our entire process. From the start, we've aimed to tread lightly, to produce sustainably, and to Honor Mother Earth with every decision we make. We use both leftover fabric (called “deadstock”) and new, organic cotton to create each of our designs. We have production centers in Los Angeles and India, where we are working toward creating a fully regenerative fibershed. Our talented team puts care and intention into each seam they sew. Speed is the last thing on their minds; we ask them to take a deep breath, slow down and create something they are proud of.